How can I merge tickets in Jira Service desk?

How can I merge tickets in Jira Service Desk?

3 answers

0 vote

There is no function for "merge", as people making service requests generally don't expect to have their requests lumped together.

You'll need to find or write some code that can do whatever you want from a "merge" (I'd assume it's really "copy bits of one issue into another and then delete it)

0 vote

You can't merge tickets. However you can link both issues and mark one as a duplicate of the other. Thanks to automation rules, you can certainly update both tickets in the same time. 

0 vote

I think we need a merge feature.

I have some devices that throw alerts in the middle of the night sometimes. I might get a set of HTTP, HTTPS, login page missing, latency, etc., when a server goes down or I lose the network. The one incident might generate 10 or more emails and 10 or more tickets. Since the root cause is the same, I'd like to be able to merge all these tickets into one issue.

So, how would you handle this barrage of tickets on the same issue?

Freshdesk offers this feature, by the way.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

790 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you