How can I manually change the status of a request in service desk?

Jeff Rosler October 31, 2016

Within servicedesk, I know about the resolve issue and respond to customer button. My problem is that I clicked the respond to custom button to ask them about the status of their tests after making a suggestion. They responded back via email saying that they hadn't gotten the updates done yet. This automatically put the request back into waiting for support. I'd like to set this to waiting for customer, but the only way I know how to do that is to respond back to them and say ok. Is there a simpler way to do this?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Timo Pitkäranta June 21, 2017

If you don't want to create custom workflow for Service Desk, and just want manually to change the status, you can try automation rules

1. Open Project Settings > Automation
  2. Add Rule > Custom rule
  3. Name: Toggle Worfklow Status
  4. Conditions
    1. WHEN: Comment added
    2. IF Comment is internal & Comment contains Toggle Status & Issue Matches status = "Waiting for Support" THEN Transition issue Respond to Customer
    3. ELSE IF Comment is internal & Comment contains Toggle Status & Issue Matches status = "Waiting for Customer" THEN Transition issue Respond to Support
  5. Enable Rule: Yes
  6. Save

automation-rule.png

Now when you go write internal comment "Toggle Status" to ticket, the worfklow status changes from "Waiting for Support" to "Waiting for Customer" and vice versa

Tony Pearce November 13, 2019

Thank you @Timo Pitkäranta ! :)

0 votes
Sam Speight October 31, 2016

Sounds like your workflow transition has a "Screen" involved. Create a new transition to the the status you want that does not have a screen. 

Ashley Horne December 4, 2016

I had a similar problem and added a transition to the workflow but I am unable to change the status manually.  Do you have the list of properties that need to be applied to the transition?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events