How can I make a JIRA service desk customer user get assigned to user groups upon signup at the JIRA service desk portal?

Maria Heij [Refined] August 7, 2015

We have configured a JIRA service desk portal with sign-up, as we want to be able to get emails directly into the customer portal. However, when a user signs up using the customer portal, it does not get assigned any user groups, which in general is good. However, if we do want our customer to become "Jira-users" when they sign up using the portal, how would we go about doing that? So, in other terms, how do we set it up so that "customers" are automatically added to certain user groups?

Any user that signs up through JIRA will get automatically signed up to user groups. 

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

0 votes
Maria Heij [Refined] August 11, 2015

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your answers, it is pretty much the same conclusion I came to, but it is always good to have that confirmed!

I guess I'll have to go with a manual solution, which leads me to a new, but related question. Does anyone know if there is a way to find the users that are "customers" but are not in any other groups, so that I can manually add them to a group? Going to User Management I only seem to be able to filter out users that are already in a group, and not users that are not in a group (group "Any" vs. group "None", where "None" is a non-existing option). 

Again, thanks in advance!

0 votes
Daniel Holcombe August 7, 2015

Automatically granting JIRA -user permissions would eat away at per user licensing models where as portal users are not counted towards licensed users.  I don't know of any automation solution for portal sign up to become licenced users of jira

0 votes
Daniel Holcombe August 7, 2015

JIRA Administer could edit group jira-users and add members for all new portal sign ups. If public signup is enabled for JIRA, not just portal, have all users sign up at main JIRA login.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events