How can I mail to a third party from a Service Desk issue?

Micha April 4, 2018

Example:

A customer raises a request. The agent handeling the request has to ask something to a third party. How can the agent do this and still stay in Service Desk, without switching to a mail program?

I found this add-on, but I would like to have on running in the Cloud:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atsistemas.jira.addons.notify-me/server/overview

Can anyone help?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2018

To “stay within JSD” somhow the third party needs to have a user account. Either as an agent ($) or as a customer or as a JSW user.

You could try this - crelate a separate project and make the third parties the customers. Create a linked issue to the original when needed. Open the linked issue on the customers behalf reply to customer (third party) etc... a bit messy but it might do the trick.

Micha April 20, 2018

Thanks for the reply. I know this helps, still it is messy. I am just hoping that there is an add-on for this / a great mail handler. Thanks!

0 votes
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

I see that you clarified the question a bit more here:  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/JIRA-Service-Desk-Can-an-external-third-party-be-involved-via/qaq-p/613105

I would add the third party individual to your jira license as a collaborator and limit their permissions depending on what you would like them to see.  Then when you need their help you can tag them in the issue itself.  

Micha April 9, 2018

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for you reply.

Does this mean my license goes up and thus the pricing goes up? There is really no other way to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events