Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I log in portal as a reporter customer user?

Vitaly August 14, 2017

How can I log in Service Desk portal as a customer user?
On one of the webinars I have got the answer that is a feature in JIRA called
"Log in as ", but how it use I don't understand.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

On Cloud, you'll get the option to "log in as" a customer if you are an admin.

Vitaly August 16, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, I am an admin and use Cloud versions of Service Desk and JIRA. Could you explain to me step by step how can I use option "log in as a customer"? Where is the option available in UI?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017
Vitaly August 16, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-Unfortunately your instruction explains how log in as a staff user, but I need "log in as a customer" (Service Desk portal customer ). Is there a way in reality?

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

@Vitaly, I assume you are an admin and you want to login as if you were a customer. I do this by using a 'personal' email account. Such as a gmail account. I use this for testing quite a bit. Log in as really isn't for JSD when considering a Customer. Log in as is a JIRA function that allows you to log in as any user if you are an admin.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

@Vitaly, so my recommendation will no achieve you goal?

Vitaly August 16, 2017

@Jack Brickey, Your advice is clear. Thank You! But it is not convenient because JIRA ServiceDesk doesn't allow to move a 'personal account' between some Organizations and I will have to such account for each Organisation.

My goal consist to do it without create special personal account each time and Log In as any exiting user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events