Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I link a service request to an existing rally user story?

Bob McCullough April 9, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2015

This doesn't really have enough information to answer.  Are you saying you have JIRA, with Service Desk, and a separate Rally system with stories in it?  Have you set up an application link between JIRA and Rally?

The service request exists in Jira. The US already exists in Rally. I believe their is an application link because I know how to create a US in Rally that does not already exist for a JIRA service request. I'm not sure what to do if the US already exists.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2015

Ok. As an agent in JIRA (not the user who raises it, as they have a simplified veiw of the requests), you should be able to use the "link" function on the request to link to the Story in Rally, if the application link is set up to support it. Even if it's not, then the agent can still use the link function and put in the plain https link.

Thanks. I've passed this off to another team member who seems to know how to handle this. I will work with him to see how we do it at Wind River Systems. Thanks for your help, I do understand what you are saying.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events