How can I group Severice desk customers by organisation?

We want to start using Service Desk as our support system. This means that our 100+ customers (each with multiple people who ask questions and raise incidents) will all have to create an Service Desk customer account. Is there any way to group these accounts? So all people from customer X are grouped together with one organisation name. I found JSD-270, which is similar but takes it a bit further, for now I just want to know how I can group those people.

I did find the plug-in "Service desk teams" but this is only available for Server based service desk and we use the cloud based version.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Ok thanks, so there's no other way than creating groups like that in User management untill JSD-270 is done. I'll wait patiently then.

Here's the current status on this feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-270

You can create groups in user management and add customers to the groups, you have to be admin to do this.

image2016-8-9 22:0:40.png

I am afraid this has to be done manually. And you will have to ask customers via email to categorize them into groups. And unfortunately, in JIRA service desk there are only 3 roles- admin, agents, and customers. So unless there is a fourth option- viewers. It would be hard to manage the authority of issues.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

8,620 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you