Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I group Severice desk customers by organisation?

Hester Kerpel August 8, 2016

We want to start using Service Desk as our support system. This means that our 100+ customers (each with multiple people who ask questions and raise incidents) will all have to create an Service Desk customer account. Is there any way to group these accounts? So all people from customer X are grouped together with one organisation name. I found JSD-270, which is similar but takes it a bit further, for now I just want to know how I can group those people.

I did find the plug-in "Service desk teams" but this is only available for Server based service desk and we use the cloud based version.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hester Kerpel August 9, 2016

Ok thanks, so there's no other way than creating groups like that in User management untill JSD-270 is done. I'll wait patiently then.

0 votes
Tao Liang August 14, 2016

I am afraid this has to be done manually. And you will have to ask customers via email to categorize them into groups. And unfortunately, in JIRA service desk there are only 3 roles- admin, agents, and customers. So unless there is a fourth option- viewers. It would be hard to manage the authority of issues.

0 votes
Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2016

You can create groups in user management and add customers to the groups, you have to be admin to do this.

image2016-8-9 22:0:40.png

0 votes
Jim AMCI email August 9, 2016

Here's the current status on this feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-270

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events