Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I grant a user customer permissions to a ticket?

Richard Saffell January 31, 2015

Is it possible to add a specific user to a ticket/issue so that they can see and update the ticket as a customer?  I'm hoping that by doing this we can add people to a ticket so that they can receive the notifications and reply to add info to the ticket.  I tried adding the person as a watcher, but it said they don't have permissions to the ticket so they can't watch it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sebastian Domanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2015

Check the 'Requested Particupants' option in your ticket - you can assign there another Customer account to the same case and they can then respond, see comments, etc. via customer portal.

Richard Saffell February 9, 2015

Yes, that does seem to work -- the weird part is that I had thought that I had read somewhere that the Participants were for Internal people only since they could see Internal (private) comments. However, after your answer I tested this myself and I was not able to see an Internal comment, so this would work fine. Thanks.

Sebastian Domanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2015

Happy to hear that it works for you. As for internal comments - it is a Collaborator role (set via People > Collaborator). Then your Jira user (e.g. your developer) can see the ticket with all responses, but any response provided by him will be only visible to your team, not to Customer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events