Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I generate a case-by-case customer report?

Martin Ward September 15, 2017

I need to be able to generate a report each month that provides details for each customer on open and closed tickets for the previous month.

I have looked through the SD reporting but it seems to focus on high level graphs, I can find nothing about line-by-line reports (the ones that look like spread sheets).

I am also looking at search filters as a possible alternative, but it doesn't resize the column widths very sensibly and I can't persuade it to display any calculated columns, or specify the column order.

Is there a way of generating a line-by-line report or filter that includes specific columns, in a specific order?

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2017

Martin, can you not simply create a filter and setup a subscription for this purposes?

I'm on cloud so some translation in the below will be required if you are on-prem.

1. Issues > search for issues
  2. create JQL, e.g. project = "RockBusting" and customer = "Slate Rock & Gravel" and createddate = startofmonth() .... or something similar
  3. setup the subscription to email to you monthly
  4. export to CSV, open and cleanup in excel

a bit manual but shoild meet the need?

Martin Ward October 3, 2017

Thanks for the pointers Jack, I'm closer now. I was hoping to be able to have the report / filter available within the web interface but it doesn't look like that is possible, at least not in any readable format due to the number of columns needed in the report.

I will go look at what the CSV looks like.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events