Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a workflow that is specific to a request type?

Matthew Dietlin October 2, 2018

I'm creating a request site where project managers in my company can submit different requests for support items that they need to work on their projects. I would like to create a workflow that is specific to each individual request, which also includes notifications to the customers that are specific to that request.  How can I go about creating these specific workflows? 

1 answer

2 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2018

Hi @Matthew Dietlin

Workflows in JIRA or JIRA Service Desk are always related to Issue Types and not "Request Types".

If you want to create a workflow specific to each Request Type, you would either need to have a one-to-one linking between your Request Types and existing Issue Types in JIRA or you would need to create a custom Issue Type (may be with the same name) corresponding to each of your Request Type in order to have one-to-one linking. 

Then you can create a workflow for each of these Issue Types (effectively, Request Types) and customize that workflow as per your needs.

Regarding notifications, for each of the issue events (like Issue Created, Issue Updated, Issue Transitioned, etc.) they will be handled via Notification Scheme configured for your Jira Service Desk project.

If there is something specific with regards to Notifications, that you are looking for, please let me know so that I can suggest/help accordingly.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2018

@Matthew Dietlin If my answer worked for you, can you please accept the answer to close the loop?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events