Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the label "Request" to "Ticket" in JSD?

rae edwards July 30, 2019

Throughout the JSD product, the word "Request" has been used as the default value for "Request type". How can I replace the use of "Request" throughout the product with the word "Ticket"? e.g. Ticket type, My Tickets, Tickets assigned to me etc. Is there a free plugin to enable me to do this easily?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2019

Hi Rae,

out of interest, what's wrong with the word "Request" in Jira Service Desk? I'm not aware of an easy way. I can imagine modifying the language file(s) could solve this. This would have to be reapplied after every update.

Best, Max

rae edwards August 1, 2019

Our customers use the word "Requests" to refer to orders that have been placed in our applications. They enquire on a "Request ID" to search for the order. We were hoping to be able to change this word to avoid unnecessary confusion between the term Request used in JSD vs in any of our applications. Thank you for your response but I'm not sure whether we would want to reapply the updated language file after every JSD update.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2019

Totally with you. I think it's easier to train people and make them understand what a "request" is in different contexts. Especially what raising a request in the customer portal is supposed to mean. You can still speak about issues later on, or tickets. Just start well. 😉 We give it a lot of names internally. I don't care if you call it ticket, issue request, whatsoever. 😁

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events