How can I assign proper permissions via permission schema

Carsten Grzemba December 18, 2017

Users can't close issues and the permission helper reports:

JIRA Service Desk has overridden this permission

The user must have a JIRA Service Desk license and Service Desk Agent permission on this project.

What does this mean? How can I assign the permission to the service desk team

2 answers

0 votes

The users in question are already member of the group 'service-desk-agents'.

How do I know if I on server or JSD?

ok, then on server.

The user is listed as 'Service Desk Team'. This is approved in the second line of permisson checkpermission.jpg

Like Kichichou.Shou likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2017

Only Agents can 'work' on JSD issues (be assigned, transition, close, etc). You need to make the user in question an Agent. If you are an admin go into project > People, find the person and make them an agent. If you are on Server it may be slightly different 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2017

moving conversation back to here...

What I meant was are you on Server (self-hosted) or Cloud version of JSD?

Regardless, make sure the user is an agent for the specific project. If you are on cloud you can look under people like below. Do you see the specific user listed as Service Desk Team under the project where the issue is that cannot be closed?

People_-_JIRA.png

Like Kichichou.Shou likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events