How can I allow customers to see sub tasks of a Service request? Edited

Our customer is using the service desk to initiate project related requests.  We break the requests down by having the parent request and then assigning sub tasks to it.  How can I allow customers to see those sub staks in their service desk portal?

I understand that there needs to be an appropriate request type associated. I was hoping that there is a away to link sub tasks to the main task, so that customers can see the status of sub tasks

1 answer

Hi Rob,

It's not possible for customers to see sub-tasks, and they can only be created in the back-end:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-sub-tasks

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked Feb 02, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

What are the must-have addons?

Hi all, We are trialing Jira Service Desk for a large-ish, flat, team-based organization where members can serve on multiple teams. A few needs that are not out of the box... Assigning i...

981 views 12 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you