How can I allow customers to see sub tasks of a Service request?

RoBob June 18, 2017

Our customer is using the service desk to initiate project related requests.  We break the requests down by having the parent request and then assigning sub tasks to it.  How can I allow customers to see those sub staks in their service desk portal?

I understand that there needs to be an appropriate request type associated. I was hoping that there is a away to link sub tasks to the main task, so that customers can see the status of sub tasks

3 answers

1 vote
Daniel Vargas Llopis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2017

Hi Rob,

It's not possible for customers to see sub-tasks, and they can only be created in the back-end:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-sub-tasks

Thanks!

Pedro Gandolfo May 31, 2019

I need to communicate with customers in sub task jira service desk. It is possible to do now or i have de same answer?

0 votes
Konrad_Gorczyca May 6, 2020

I have workaround for this problem, After buying this extenssion https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212161/extension-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=server&tab=overview you can show linked issue.

cuong hoang May 8, 2020

Is it working for sub tasks?

Konrad_Gorczyca May 9, 2020

Only listing name and progress status, you can see how to looks in my jira *_1706.jpg - jsd - agents

*_1707.jpg - customers portal.

Like cuong hoang likes this
Konrad_Gorczyca May 9, 2020

2020-05-09_1706.png2020-05-09_1707.png

cuong hoang May 13, 2020

Thanks for the reply! From my testing I was able to get it to show linked issues like in your screenshot, but it doesn't seem to work with Sub-tasks (which is a special type of linked issue).

Konrad_Gorczyca May 13, 2020

You must add issue also to linked, connected issue (sorry, I have JSD in polish, this section is when you connect issue)

Like cuong hoang likes this
cuong hoang May 13, 2020

I see, thanks, that is a different type of link than the normal sub-tasks, which I'm working with.

0 votes
Barb O'Connell July 24, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events