Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I allow any public emails or a specific domain to open tickets via email

Syed Mohamed Wahiduzzaman July 17, 2018

We run a service desk where we have an enterprise customer operations team of above 200 people who may open tickets via email. In this case is it possible to allow anyone to email us for the tickets anonymously or preferably is it possible to allow @something.com domain to send tickets via email.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2018

The reporting email must be a user which can happen automatically if you set JSD up to allow public sign up.

If you want the “200” users to appear as one (not a good idea IMO) you cold set up an email forwarder. The 200 would email the proxy email and then emails received would be forwarded to the JSD project email channel. You need to make the proxy email a Customer in JSD and all issues will be registered as created by that one user. What you loose is traceability of the customer and notifications back to the customer on any ticket updates. 

atif-sattar July 17, 2018

Actually we were hoping to let these users send an email then have accounts created automatically or to open the ticket with that email john@example.com and joe@example.com.

As these 100's of users keep changing in the external company we didn't want to manage creating and maintaining their accounts.

I hope I was able to clarify my question.

Another example.

Company A has 20 users who we don't know necessarily as they are on roster duty and staff change over time. But they have one thing in common which is @company.com email. So if we could allow tickets to be opened via email and allow only @company.com email to open tickets for a particular project that may be good.

Otherwise we have to keep inviting people on a regular basis.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2018

You can set up public sign up such that the first time a new user sends an email their account is automatically created. You cannot however restrict by domain.

this is done via - project > Project settings > Customer Permissions and select “anyone can send a request...”

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events