How can I add a status that pauses the SLA?

Richard Saffell February 2, 2015

I'd like to add a status like On Hold or In Progress that pauses the SLA.  For example, sometimes we have to research an issue with an outside vendor, and we would break our SLA every time if the SLA continue to count while we are waiting to hear back.

Can I specify different SLAs for different statuses, or even whether to run the timer on different statuses?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2015

Yes, you can do it. Once you add the status, you can set up to pause the clock when the issue enters that status.

See "Pause on": https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/SLAs#SLAs-AlookathowanSLAisconstructed

Richard Saffell February 2, 2015

Thanks -- somehow I completely missed that SLA Edit page. I was looking to edit the Workflow and also to edit the SLA from under System Administration. Thank you.

0 votes
Holly Meza October 21, 2020

Hey there! Do you know if the SLA "pause" is an actual pause for the status you set? For example in this case, once the issue is no longer On Hold ideally it would restart the SLA, but it doesn't seem to do that. I have several issues that are In Progress, after being On Hold, and the SLA doesn't restart. 

I appreciate your time!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events