cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How best to notify a group when an issue is added to queue

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2017

I have a few queues setup based on components. These components refer to a group of users that need to triage the issues. If I had a 1:1 relationship (component:user) I could simply assign to them using Components config screeen. However, there are multiple users that triage the queues.

Looking for best methods of handling.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
M.Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2017

To accomplish this your rule should be created similar to the one below. 

When - issue created

If - issue matches

Once you've set the If to "Issue Matches" then you should be prompted to input some JQL which I believe from there you can do something simliar to
component in ("component1", "component2")

Then - alert user

Hopefully that helps!jsd1.pngCheers!

Eric Bergeron July 7, 2022

Would it be possible to have an up-to-date answer, since the post was made back in 2017 (the image included is not present in the current JSM Cloud). 

I'm desperately looking on notifying different team members based on the nature of the ticket. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

@Eric Bergeron , I would suggest creating a new post. Your details might be different resulting in a different answer. FWIW the image is for Legacy automation which isn't in the more recent instances but remain in older instances (grandfathered).

Like Eric Bergeron likes this
1 vote
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2017

Although we don't use Service Desk, we have a similar situation.

Do you have the ability to set up an email alias that emails that group of users? We've created a user with an email alias that emails several different users. When that email alias user becomes the Assignee of an issue, an email notification goes out to everyone in that group. The first person to see it would then assign it to themselves or triage as necessary.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2017

thanks Alex. I think that could work. the issue I think is going to be that the email as a user will result in counting as a JSD agent which would result in a monthly cost. :-( I am going to play with the idea though.

M.Rey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2017

Hey Jack,

Have you checked out the automation piece of JSD (link below) to see if you could apply a rule that says

When issue is created, alert person 1,2,3,4? 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2017

yes i did but don't see a way to do that based upon component.

M.Rey
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2017

I believe that would show up in the 'IF' part of the rule

When - issue created

If - issue matches

Once you've set the If to "Issue Matches" then you should be prompted to input some JQL which I believe from there you can do something simliar to
component in ("component1", "component2")

Then - alert user

Hopefully that helps!
jsd1.png

Like Michael Peters likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2017

Ah...yes indeed it is there. I was sure it was there and completely missed the advanced link. That should do the trick.

Probably should convert you response to answer so i can up vote it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events