Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How / Where can I turn automatic watches out of comments off?

Matthias Fleschütz April 3, 2018

Hi there,

we are importing mails as a support channel into our service desk.
Now I saw that all issues have automatically watchers on the tickets.

It seems that they are added automatically after commenting (even internally an issue)?

Where can I turn this function off (for my service desk project)?

Best & Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Jaksch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

Hi @Matthias Fleschütz,

you shoud definitly check the following knowledge base article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-stop-being-automatically-added-to-the-watcher-s-list-when-working-on-issues-298975297.html

If a user comments an issue, the user will start watching the issue if the user profile preferences are set to "autowatch".

Hope that helps.

Best wishes
Chris (STAGIL)

Matthias Fleschütz April 3, 2018

Thanks a lot!

Ross Dammann January 8, 2019

I see this this in our preferences, but when I change to 'disable' it doesn't allow me to save the changes. It says 'Something went wrong'

Any suggestions

Devin Ponda February 1, 2022

This is not a resolution for Jira Cloud.  Auto watch does not exist.

0 votes
Caterina Keeling March 18, 2022

TwenT3 provides customised lenticular printing to all of our customers, a place where you create a variety of custom lenticular printing products including our 3D lenticular business cards, personalised photo gifts and unique and awesome 3D greeting cards.

Trying to find a perfect gift or sourcing out better marketing solutions for your business can at times be a mammoth tasks and be time consuming, so if you're wanting to get extra exposure for your business or simply love photos, our range of personalised lenticular products are an ideal choice.

0 votes
Vicky Swaniawski November 2, 2021

I`m afraid that there is no way to automatically disable this option.
As a workaround, I would recommend you to disable only the notification related with each repository
To do his: Go to Settings > Notifications

visit Red Boxtime for more watch related info.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events