Hip Chat notifications

sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

I set the Hip Chat notification for creating issue and I have a message on Hip Chat like this: "The post function should be configured after the issue is actually created within the transition for project (AO) so that this notification could show the issue key. Please contact your JIRA administrator to fix this." - where is the problem?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

It's exactly what the message says.

The post-functions on a transition execute in a specific order. The hipchat post-function needs to be placed lower down the list than the post-function that says "create the issue" on the create transition (because before the issue is created, it has no ID, and the hipchat function needs access to it)

You need to edit your workflow and move the hipchat notifucation function down the list.

0 votes
sledzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Few minutes ago I have an idea to do this and it's working. Thank you :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events