Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlight Different Customers

Matt Lee July 12, 2018

Hello,

Using JIRA Cloud and would like a way to highlight customers almost on an IF THIS, THEN THAT format.

Essentially we offer two different support contracts to our customers and want to identify this on the ticket based on the customer / organization.  For example 'IF <customer> = "Customer ABZ" THEN populate <support contract> with "Contract Type 1"

I know I could do this in a queue using JQL but really need it to be a field on a ticket.

Thanks,

Matt

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2018

You can create a custom field called “contract level” then run a query to result in the customers that have a certain contract type and then bulk edit to set the “contract level”. If you use Organization feature and your customers are unique to an organization and the contract level is on an Organization level then you can continue to set the field on new issues using automation.

Matt Lee July 13, 2018

Hi Jack,

Thanks for responding.  I want to be as automated as possible so am interested in the 'Organization feature'.  We are using organizations and users are unique.  How would I go about automating the populating of a contract field?  I couldn't see a way to do this using the automation feature as it wouldn't let me use a query or a list to determine the different customers?

Thanks again!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2018

@Matt Lee, i have fully tested this but took a quick look at a test project in my instance. As you will see in the image below you should be able to set this up. you will need to add separate if/thens for each org. As I said I have note complete nor tested but I think it should work for you. If for some reason this does not work then consider the Automation for Jira Lite (free) addon.

automation org.jpg

Matt Lee July 13, 2018

Jack - this is brilliant - thank you.  I'll give this a try very soon.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2018

Glad to help. If it works for you be sure to click the checkmark above to accept solution as it helps others when they have similar question.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2018

Great! Please consider accepting the answer via the check mark at the top of the answer.

0 votes
Matt Lee July 16, 2018

Jack - that worked perfectly and has opened up a new world of automation for me.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events