Hide Service Desk menu or just Create Service Desk Request link

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

Is possible to hide (limit access) Service Desk menu for users who don't use use Service Desk functionality? Or at list hide Create Service Desk Request link?

It is confusing for them as they are unable to see Customer portals and create issues.

6 answers

0 votes
Andy Ingham June 19, 2015

Yes - I'm experiencing this too: users who are only allocated to projects that don't use service desk are taken to All Service Desks page with message "There are currently no Service Desks". It would be much better if they were taken to dashboard in this situation.

0 votes
Rodolfo August 16, 2014

Vidic, the current version of JIRA Service Desk does not allow you to do this. This hopefully will be something that Atlassian will implement in future releases.

Disabling modules on the Add-on section of JIRA is not an option that you want to use. This will disable the functionality for all users, including the user who you would like to be able to use JIRA Service Desk.

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

Hi Rodolfo,

I have v. 1.2.6.1 and I'm still able to enable/disale modules. With which one do you have problems?

>> This will disable the functionality for all users
- It is a workaround for users who don't need such functionality (we currently use it for Service Level Management).

>>Disabling modules on the Add-on section of JIRA is not an option that you want to use.
- Yes, but workaround still use an option from GUI. It is not neccesary to 'hack' database.

>> This hopefully will be something that Atlassian will implement in future releases.
- I also belive that Atlassian will give as more options in future releases :-).

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2013

5. For Jira Service Desk 1.1.6 or latter is also neccessary to remove modul: "Service Desk (set_my_jira_home_dashboard)"

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2013

It is possible to dissable Service Desk menu or likns for creating new Service Desk issues (If you are using Service desk plugin just as SLM tool for example).

Procedure:

1. As a user with administrative privileges, click Manage add-ons.

2. Click on Jira Service Desk plugin.

3. Display enabled modules (click on + sign before information about the number of the enabled modules).

4. Disable one or more Service Desk menu links, for e.g. createissue-replacement, recent-request-links, servicedesk-section, servicedesk-request-portal-link, servicedesk-list-link, servicedesk-admin-create-link

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

We also found out that users can see Service Desk Main menu and all Service Desk projects regardless these Service Desk projects are disabled. Is this a bug or "feature"?

0 votes
saravicius November 10, 2013

Yes, this is very important topic for us either - waiting for any answer.

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2013

Hi,

please convert your "answer" to comment of the question so people will see this question as unanswered.

Regards
Florjan

NeenaR June 2, 2014

Hi....can anyone tell me how to hide this service desk request menu

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 2, 2014

Hi...my answer is under my question.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events