Is possible to hide (limit access) Service Desk menu for users who don't use use Service Desk functionality? Or at list hide Create Service Desk Request link?
It is confusing for them as they are unable to see Customer portals and create issues.
It is possible to dissable Service Desk menu or likns for creating new Service Desk issues (If you are using Service desk plugin just as SLM tool for example).
1. As a user with administrative privileges, click Manage add-ons.
2. Click on Jira Service Desk plugin.
3. Display enabled modules (click on + sign before information about the number of the enabled modules).
4. Disable one or more Service Desk menu links, for e.g. createissue-replacement, recent-request-links, servicedesk-section, servicedesk-request-portal-link, servicedesk-list-link, servicedesk-admin-create-link
Vidic, the current version of JIRA Service Desk does not allow you to do this. This hopefully will be something that Atlassian will implement in future releases.
Disabling modules on the Add-on section of JIRA is not an option that you want to use. This will disable the functionality for all users, including the user who you would like to be able to use JIRA Service Desk.
I have v. 126.96.36.199 and I'm still able to enable/disale modules. With which one do you have problems?
>> This will disable the functionality for all users
- It is a workaround for users who don't need such functionality (we currently use it for Service Level Management).
>>Disabling modules on the Add-on section of JIRA is not an option that you want to use.
- Yes, but workaround still use an option from GUI. It is not neccesary to 'hack' database.
>> This hopefully will be something that Atlassian will implement in future releases.
- I also belive that Atlassian will give as more options in future releases :-).
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
...word of mouth, so by 2016, we were working with several other entities on campus to implement Jira Service Desk . The Atlassian motto of “for every team” has really come true for us in this case. We...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs