Is possible to hide (limit access) Service Desk menu for users who don't use use Service Desk functionality? Or at list hide Create Service Desk Request link?
It is confusing for them as they are unable to see Customer portals and create issues.
It is possible to dissable Service Desk menu or likns for creating new Service Desk issues (If you are using Service desk plugin just as SLM tool for example).
1. As a user with administrative privileges, click Manage add-ons.
2. Click on Jira Service Desk plugin.
3. Display enabled modules (click on + sign before information about the number of the enabled modules).
4. Disable one or more Service Desk menu links, for e.g. createissue-replacement, recent-request-links, servicedesk-section, servicedesk-request-portal-link, servicedesk-list-link, servicedesk-admin-create-link
Vidic, the current version of JIRA Service Desk does not allow you to do this. This hopefully will be something that Atlassian will implement in future releases.
Disabling modules on the Add-on section of JIRA is not an option that you want to use. This will disable the functionality for all users, including the user who you would like to be able to use JIRA Service Desk.
I have v. 184.108.40.206 and I'm still able to enable/disale modules. With which one do you have problems?
>> This will disable the functionality for all users
- It is a workaround for users who don't need such functionality (we currently use it for Service Level Management).
>>Disabling modules on the Add-on section of JIRA is not an option that you want to use.
- Yes, but workaround still use an option from GUI. It is not neccesary to 'hack' database.
>> This hopefully will be something that Atlassian will implement in future releases.
- I also belive that Atlassian will give as more options in future releases :-).
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot