Hide Service Desk menu or just Create Service Desk Request link

Is possible to hide (limit access) Service Desk menu for users who don't use use Service Desk functionality? Or at list hide Create Service Desk Request link?

It is confusing for them as they are unable to see Customer portals and create issues.

6 answers

Yes, this is very important topic for us either - waiting for any answer.

Hi,

please convert your "answer" to comment of the question so people will see this question as unanswered.

Regards
Florjan

Hi....can anyone tell me how to hide this service desk request menu

Hi...my answer is under my question.

We also found out that users can see Service Desk Main menu and all Service Desk projects regardless these Service Desk projects are disabled. Is this a bug or "feature"?

It is possible to dissable Service Desk menu or likns for creating new Service Desk issues (If you are using Service desk plugin just as SLM tool for example).

Procedure:

1. As a user with administrative privileges, click Manage add-ons.

2. Click on Jira Service Desk plugin.

3. Display enabled modules (click on + sign before information about the number of the enabled modules).

4. Disable one or more Service Desk menu links, for e.g. createissue-replacement, recent-request-links, servicedesk-section, servicedesk-request-portal-link, servicedesk-list-link, servicedesk-admin-create-link

5. For Jira Service Desk 1.1.6 or latter is also neccessary to remove modul: "Service Desk (set_my_jira_home_dashboard)"

Vidic, the current version of JIRA Service Desk does not allow you to do this. This hopefully will be something that Atlassian will implement in future releases.

Disabling modules on the Add-on section of JIRA is not an option that you want to use. This will disable the functionality for all users, including the user who you would like to be able to use JIRA Service Desk.

Hi Rodolfo,

I have v. 1.2.6.1 and I'm still able to enable/disale modules. With which one do you have problems?

>> This will disable the functionality for all users
- It is a workaround for users who don't need such functionality (we currently use it for Service Level Management).

>>Disabling modules on the Add-on section of JIRA is not an option that you want to use.
- Yes, but workaround still use an option from GUI. It is not neccesary to 'hack' database.

>> This hopefully will be something that Atlassian will implement in future releases.
- I also belive that Atlassian will give as more options in future releases :-).

Yes - I'm experiencing this too: users who are only allocated to projects that don't use service desk are taken to All Service Desks page with message "There are currently no Service Desks". It would be much better if they were taken to dashboard in this situation.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

781 views 5 7
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you