Is possible to hide (limit access) Service Desk menu for users who don't use use Service Desk functionality? Or at list hide Create Service Desk Request link?
It is confusing for them as they are unable to see Customer portals and create issues.
We also found out that users can see Service Desk Main menu and all Service Desk projects regardless these Service Desk projects are disabled. Is this a bug or "feature"?
It is possible to dissable Service Desk menu or likns for creating new Service Desk issues (If you are using Service desk plugin just as SLM tool for example).
1. As a user with administrative privileges, click Manage add-ons.
2. Click on Jira Service Desk plugin.
3. Display enabled modules (click on + sign before information about the number of the enabled modules).
4. Disable one or more Service Desk menu links, for e.g. createissue-replacement, recent-request-links, servicedesk-section, servicedesk-request-portal-link, servicedesk-list-link, servicedesk-admin-create-link
Vidic, the current version of JIRA Service Desk does not allow you to do this. This hopefully will be something that Atlassian will implement in future releases.
Disabling modules on the Add-on section of JIRA is not an option that you want to use. This will disable the functionality for all users, including the user who you would like to be able to use JIRA Service Desk.
I have v. 184.108.40.206 and I'm still able to enable/disale modules. With which one do you have problems?
>> This will disable the functionality for all users
- It is a workaround for users who don't need such functionality (we currently use it for Service Level Management).
>>Disabling modules on the Add-on section of JIRA is not an option that you want to use.
- Yes, but workaround still use an option from GUI. It is not neccesary to 'hack' database.
>> This hopefully will be something that Atlassian will implement in future releases.
- I also belive that Atlassian will give as more options in future releases :-).
Yes - I'm experiencing this too: users who are only allocated to projects that don't use service desk are taken to All Service Desks page with message "There are currently no Service Desks". It would be much better if they were taken to dashboard in this situation.
Hello Atlassian Community! I'm Tania, a Senior Product Marketing Manager for Jira Service Desk Cloud! I'm excited to announce some exciting improvements coming up for those who work with queues and...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events