Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide SLAs, reports and Service desk config from clients

Deleted user May 20, 2014

We're opening up Jira access to our service desk project to some of our clients, to give them more functionality than they can get via the web portal (e.g. view attachments).

We've got issue security configured so that they can only see the issues we want them to, but whilst testing I've noticed that they can also see the Service Desk config tab with:

• Queues
  • Reports
  • SLAs
  • Customer Portal
  • etc.

We don't want them to be able to see this information (e.g. and see that they have different SLAs to other clients!) and it's bizarre that they are able to.

I've been through the roles and permissions, and can't see any way to restrict this.

Am I missing something or is there no way to hide the service desk config from users who have the "Service Desk Customers role?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user June 5, 2014

Thanks Benji - it looks like this is (another) limitation we'll just have to live with, for now.

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hi Mark,

Make sure that your clients are only part of the Service Desk Customers group. What are the permissions in JIRA for your customers?

Deleted user May 20, 2014

The customers are only a member of the Service Desk Customers Group

In addition, the project's permission scheme gives them the following (so that they can log into Jira directly)

• Browse Project
  • Create Issues
  • Edit Issues
  • Assign Issues
  • Assignable User
  • Resolve Issues
  • Close Issues
  • Link Issues

I can't see why any of these permissions should allow them to see the SLA configuration, queues, etc. In my view the "Service Desk" menu should be hidden entirely from customers.

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hi Mark,

In the meantime I was also answering a similar question in another thread:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/292523/is-it-possible-to-hid-the-sla-tab-from-the-browse-project-permission-in-jira-download

Basically if you open-up your JIRA instance the minimum permission that customers need to view projects is the Browse Project permission. This permission also gives users the ability to watch Service Desk metrics (SLA, Reports,...).

Uptil now I haven't found a way to pass this behavior.

BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2014

As the thread from the previous comment suggest you can always setup different service desks (and projects) for every client. In that way clients can only see the Service Desk related metrics from their projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events