Help with obtaining information on SLA's

Matthew Underwood April 15, 2019

Hi there,

I am looking at providing specific information on how long it took to close incidents via JIRA - Time to resolution.

I have looked at using the created and resolved dates to work out the time difference (minutes, hours, days) between when an incident was raised and when it was resolved. 

However, as the SLA can be paused this does not give me the accurate history of how long the incident was in an 'active' status.

So, for example, an incident was raised at 9:38am on March 18. It was resolved at 3:38pm on March 19.

My 'timediff' calculation works out that the incident took 30 hours to resolve. However, if you look at the incident, the 'Time to resolution' states '29min'. This is the figure that I need to report on not the difference between the created and resolved dates.SLA.jpg

Does anyone know how to do this?

Many thanks,

Matt Underwood.

1 answer

0 votes
Susane Lenz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2019

Hello Matt, how are you?

1. By the screenshot you have sent us above I could come up with two posibilities of resolution.
    The ticket was reopen by the update status, and when a ticket is reopened the SLA is reset and the time start over again (if the default SLA is set up). If you want to disable this option, you can edit the SLA and modify the resolution (it should be set up as cleared).
    Here is the link to the "Setting up SLAs" that will help you to edit the SLA
  2. The next step, you could check if the calendar is set up correcly on the Project settings > SLAs.

Cheers

Matthew Underwood April 16, 2019

Many thanks for your response Susane.

I guess all I really need is a way to somehow pull out the 'Time to resolution' data from JIRA so that I can work with it outside of JIRA and produce the MI I am being asked to produce.

Is there any way to export this data?

Many thanks,

Matt.

Matthew Underwood May 2, 2019

Hi Susane,

Do you have any further thoughts on how I can export the 'Time to resolution' from JIRA?

I would just need the following fields:

Key, Priority, Status, Created, Resolved, Reporter, Tempo Team, Assignee, Support Category, Organizations (or Service Desk Organisation) and the 'Time to Resolution'.

I have tried calculating the difference between the Created & Resolved dates but this does not give me the actual 'Time to Resolution' as it does not factor in when the SLA has been paused.

Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks,

Matt Underwood.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events