Having trouble getting 'Share an issue' to consistently work Edited

I have a Service Desk project that I create issues in via a portal. I'd like to be share the issue I created with others. When I go to my requests and look at a specific issue I see the share icon, and I can manually type in userid and they show up in the user's list, select one and share. The problem is that only seemingly random users actually have the share take effect. In many, but  not all, cases the selected user doesn't show up in the 'shared with' list on the issue, and the user doesn't get an email indicating share was done. However, in other cases it works as I would expect. I can't see any difference in groups/organization/user definitions between users that do work and those who don't. This problem both in the case where the selected user is just a customer and also when it has some licenses(core, confluence, etc) assigned to them.

Can anyone give me a clue on where I should be looking to find the difference between working and non-working share userids?

I'm using the cloud version

Thanks,

Jay

2 answers

0 votes

Hi Jay,

Did you find the cause for this? (I hope you did)

This is probably related to the permissions, that both customers and internal users have, making them to cause different behaviours.

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the followup. Yees, it was a matter of permissions. We didn't exactly solve the problem since we have issues with all users being able to see all projects, but at least we know how to work around it.

Regards,

Jay

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

37,166 views 13 39
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you