Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have service desk propose existing issues?

Timothy_Harris January 30, 2018

Basically when one of the customer starts to create a request I want Service Desk show similar existing issues.

Is there any way to do this?

3 answers

0 votes
Timothy_Harris February 2, 2018

So I basically created a set of pages with a Jira macro inserted that returns issues based on a query to get a table of issues.

This page shows up fine on the Portal. So I get a nice suggestion to portal user saying please review these already existing issues if a keyword matches a label on the pages. They can then navigate to the table of issues.

The only downside is that macros are apparently not searchable :-(

For example:

Customer is entering CPU in search or request creation.

If the jira macro table has a column for summary. Summary contains a sentence like "High CPU load on machine X". 

The page is not shown because Confluence can not search the contents of macros :-(

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

I discussed this very topic with some of the JSD product team members at last years Summit. As Nic conveyed you wouldn't want to share carte blanch. The solution would need to take that into consideration and align with sharing issues w/in an organization concept. I'm unsure if this will ever see the light of day to be honest, but you never know.

Timothy_Harris January 31, 2018

Our use case is a bit different in that the customers here are internal. They are reporting issues through the portal to another internal team. There is no reason to hide any existing issues or data from these customers. 

Would creating a custom report containing existing issues and embedding it in the KB work I wonder. We simply want to avoid duplicates...

Alex December 11, 2020

+1

same situation here

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2018

No, the lookup functionality only looks through the knowledge base.

The main problem is that customers may not be able to see other similar requests, so Jira would have to do a load of work on working out a good list from what the current customer can see, and it would be different to what an agent would see.  The results would not be that useful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events