Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Batch Notification become available for Cloud?

Catherine Blieka June 2, 2020

Asking about batch notifications for Jira only - not service desk, Confluence,etc

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2020

Hello @Catherine Blieka

Thank you for reaching out.

The batch notifications are set by default in Jira Cloud. Hence, you should have the batch notification enabled already from your Jira Cloud. Can you please let us know if you facing a different behavior?

Additionally to that, we have created a feature request and a survey to get the feedback from our customers about any suggested improvements to reduce email chattiness:

Reduce JIRA email chattiness 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates. Also, please fill the survey to provide your feedback:

Feedback Survey 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Catherine Blieka June 4, 2020

Thanks.  Can you tell me where I find it?  All the articles I see online say to go to Batch Notification under System/Admin.  I'm not seeing that option.  I checked the Admin section for the project too and cannot find it.

Thank you

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2020

Hello @Catherine Blieka

As I mentioned before, the batch notifications are set by default in Jira Cloud, so there is no place to turn it off and on. You are probably reading the documentation related to Jira Server application, where you can turn it off and on under System > Batch notifications.

If you are not receiving the notifications in batch in the same e-mail, please let us know.

Catherine Blieka June 4, 2020

For Jira Software or for Jira Service Desk?  I'm looking for Cloud Jira Software

jira.jpg

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2020

Hello @Catherine Blieka

The batch notification is working for both Jira Software and Service desk applications, although they are sent from different e-mail handlers. 

Catherine Blieka June 8, 2020

OK - so since I'm getting an email for every single update made and you said above it's already implemented, it would seem to not be working for me.

As I mentioned before, the batch notifications are set by default in Jira Cloud, so there is no place to turn it off and on. You are probably reading the documentation related to Jira Server application, where you can turn it off and on under System > Batch notifications.

If you are not receiving the notifications in batch in the same e-mail, please let us know.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2020

@Catherine Blieka Could you please provide us a screenshot of how the notifications are being sent/displayed to you?

Please, make sure to hide any sensitive information from the screenshot.

1 vote
Dan Mascaro July 28, 2020

@Petter Gonçalves  I am having the same problem I believe with JIRA cloud.  Emails not batching together when triggered by automations even if they all occur at same time.  Can I send you photos or whatever you need to see?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events