Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling the decline option for multiple approvals in JIRA Service Desk

Donna Mills April 25, 2018

I am trying to create a workflow in JIRA Service Desk that allows multiple approvals for a change request. I have set this up with the condition that it only transitions the status when there are no pending approvals i.e. all approvers have approved the request. This does works, however the issue I have is if one (or more) of the approvers declines and all others approve, the status is still transitioned. As the owner of the request (and administrator) I need to work with all approvers who have declined to get to a state of approval from all approvers before it is transitions. Potentially I don't need a 'Decline' button but need to receive comments from the approver to create a discussion until they are content to approve. I have been able to reset the status if someone declines but this would require all approvers to approve again which I don't want. Is this possible? or are there any suitable plugins that would handle this?

I have considered use of subtasks but understand the output from subtasks cannot feed into the screens for the requests approvals workflow.

Hopefully I have been able to explain this OK. Thanks in advance.

3 answers

0 votes
Amy Nguyen July 27, 2018

Hi Donna, 

Were you able to find more information on this? I am in the same situation and trying to find a solution. 

Thanks!

Amy

Donna Mills July 30, 2018

Hi Amy

Unfortunately not. I don't believe it is currently possible without using a third party tool such as ScriptRunner. I ended using a workflow in SharePoint which met my requirements. Sorry to not be any more help. Good luck.

Regards

Donna

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2018

Hi again Donna,

I just happened to see this add-on and wondered if it might work for you (I haven't personally tried it, nor am I in any way related to it):  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.herzum.jira.plugin.approval.herzum-approval-plugin/server/overview

Can those people that decline use the Comments to have a discussion with the others and so it stays in the same status until all have approved?

Hope this helps,

Carolyn

0 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2018
Donna Mills April 26, 2018

Yes sorry it is. After submitting the first entry I found I could enter a question with my support SEN reference but could not see how to delete the first entry.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2018

Ok, no problem. I'll remove your first post (as a moderator), so that you'll get all responses here :) I didn't want you to lose any info- thanks for the explanation.

Donna Mills April 26, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events