Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling SLA on reopened tickets

Dean van Rooyen November 6, 2017

Hello,

We run a service desk where SLA is assigned based on the severity of the tickets.

Sometimes we need to reopen completed tickets. When a ticket is completed, the SLA's are ticked off as being met.

When reopening a ticket, we want the SLA to continue from where it was when completed.

How can this be done and is this the correct way of handling a reopen of a ticket?

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user January 28, 2019

Hello Nicolas;

Thanks for you answer.

I understand from that you suggest to create yet another status called "Validated", between "Done" and "Closed".

Instead of adding another status to the workflow, we can just pause the SLA on "Done" (instead of stopping it) and stop it on"Closed".

Makes sense?

PS: I just tested it and it works.

Nicolas Seronvalle January 30, 2019

Hi Mehdi,

That's it, pause on "Done" and stop on "Closed"

Best regards,

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user January 30, 2019

Thank you!!

1 vote
Nicolas Seronvalle November 6, 2017

Hi,

Does it happen often that tickets are re-opened? Is it after that the customer checked the answer?

If that's the case, I would suggest that you had a step before completely closing the ticket. Something like "Done" --> "Validated". "Done" means you did your job, "validated" means the customer accepted it (or didn't reply within the last x days).

Your SLA will be paused on the "Done" status, so if it is reopened it starts running again from where it stopped.

Would it be a good way for you to handle this problem?

Dean van Rooyen November 8, 2017

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the response. It is very rare that we reopen tickets. The only instance where a reopen is required is when we ask a customer to verify they are happy the ticket is actually resolved.

The customer does not reply for about a month and then we close the ticket due to no feedback. When a customer eventually gets the feedback (no idea why it takes so long) then they might have an issue and request a reopen.

I guess we could ensure by all methods to get customer acceptance before completely closing the call.

Thank you

Nicolas Seronvalle November 13, 2017

Great! You're welcome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events