Handling SLA on reopened tickets

Hello,

We run a service desk where SLA is assigned based on the severity of the tickets.

Sometimes we need to reopen completed tickets. When a ticket is completed, the SLA's are ticked off as being met.

When reopening a ticket, we want the SLA to continue from where it was when completed.

How can this be done and is this the correct way of handling a reopen of a ticket?

1 answer

Hi,

Does it happen often that tickets are re-opened? Is it after that the customer checked the answer?

If that's the case, I would suggest that you had a step before completely closing the ticket. Something like "Done" --> "Validated". "Done" means you did your job, "validated" means the customer accepted it (or didn't reply within the last x days).

Your SLA will be paused on the "Done" status, so if it is reopened it starts running again from where it stopped.

Would it be a good way for you to handle this problem?

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the response. It is very rare that we reopen tickets. The only instance where a reopen is required is when we ask a customer to verify they are happy the ticket is actually resolved.

The customer does not reply for about a month and then we close the ticket due to no feedback. When a customer eventually gets the feedback (no idea why it takes so long) then they might have an issue and request a reopen.

I guess we could ensure by all methods to get customer acceptance before completely closing the call.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

19,549 views 13 32
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you