It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Grouping clients from email incident

Hi Community.

We have a requirement to group clients according to the tickets that we received.

When an email incident is raised from particular client it has to be grouped under one category to simplify filter process.Portal access will not be given to customers.

Tried generating automation rule using  Reporter  field  to group into one category.

(Like reporter="user" then customer="client1")

But hope we need to key in all the customers to make it working.

My question is  should all customer have jirra access to populate in Reporter field or would like to know any other alternate way to achieve it.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Kiruthika

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader May 22, 2020

Will Organizations not work for you? add-an-organization-to-a-service-desk-project 

kiruthika I'm New Here May 25, 2020

Thanks for your inputs. We do have organization but its being locked in custom field. Also unable to  apply filter based on organization .I'm getting like " Please switch to advanced" while filtering.

I don't have site admin access as well.

Thanks,

Kiruthika

Jack Community Leader May 25, 2020

Yes you need to use Advanced search but you should have access. When in basic do you see the Advanced link just to the right?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

How has Jira Service Desk increased productivity in your org?

Hi Jira Service Desk community, Atlassian is on a mission to unleash the potential of all teams, and we know that tools are just one piece of that puzzle. With Jira Service Desk, we have productiv...

187 views 0 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you