Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping Issues

Christine Steffes April 17, 2014

I want to be able to "group" issues, similar to creating Epics in Agile, to help organize ongoing maintenance requests under one Epic. I don't want to have to filter by component each time I go into JIRA. Is there a way to do this within issue management? Please advise. Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2014

Are the issues grouped by virtue of the fact that they share a common field value now (you mentioned Components, so maybe this field?) If so, you can simply create a filter to display the issues you care about, save the filter and then using the the "Filter Results" dashboard gadget, display them on a Jira Dashboard or Confluence page. This is the paradigm that the tool is intended to work in. If the issues don't have something in common that you can easily use to have them all display in a filter, you could add a custom field or even use native "labels" functionality. Once you have the saved filters and dashboard set up, the gadget will display the changes as your issues change.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events