Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group emails with same subjects into same SD ticket?

Christopher Quirk April 26, 2017

We are in the process of setting up service desk to be accessible via direct email and via an in house ticketing system. 

Our trouble comes from the ticketing system. It generates a new email with the same subject when the issue is Created, Updated, and Closed. 

Each update creates a new email but the subject stays the same and includes a ticket number. 

Expected: I want to be able to group the Created, Updated, and Closed email types together.

Actual: New ticket is created for every email

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2017

There's no de-duplication in JIRA, it's not designed for that sort of activity.

You'll need to find or write something that can do this.  I would reach for a new "mail handler" that will check for duplicate summaries (email subject), presumably within a particular time frame, and then make comments or drop the new incoming mail completely.

Christopher Quirk April 26, 2017

Is there a way to have it check for a duplicate section in the summary (email subject). Say for instance the email subjects could be:

Created -- This is my ticket -- #000001

Updated -- This is my ticket -- #000001

Notes -- This is my ticket -- #000001 

But all three of these are pertaining to the same ticket. They are just labelled differently detailing the status of the update. 

The duplicate section I am referring to of course is the "#000001". 

Thanks 

Chris

Brian Hassler August 18, 2017

Not sure if anyone from Jira reads this, but this is basic functionality, along with things like ageing incident reports and a number of other things.  Service Desk has a long ways to go before it even resembles anything like professional customer support software.

Ntumba Lobo December 23, 2017

Such feature would be greatly appreciated by me as well.

Simon Wong September 18, 2019

I created a similar feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8463.  Feel free to vote it up. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events