Groovy formatting bold

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2018

Hey i am doing a "create issue" in a workflow transition with the JWME addon. Something like

FOB Number: <%=issue.get("FOB Number")%>

So thats fine and works, but i want to format this text, either bold or red or something to draw the eye to it in the resulting new service request description that gets created from this.

i have tried wrapping various things in asterisks *fob number* (etc), but that just prints the asterisks verbatim. How do i format in a groovy template? or get the result to be formatted and not just plain text? there must be a way right? groovy says you just wrap things in asterisks to *strong* them like that hopefully did.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2018

This is actually independent of JMWE. What matters is where you put that text. You mentioned you are creating a new issue using the Create ISsue post-function, but where are you putting the text you want to format?

If you want to be able to use formatting on the text (wiki-style), the destination field needs to be configured to use the wiki renderer, which is done in Jira's Field Configuration.

For example, if you were writing:

FOB Number: *<%=issue.get("FOB Number")%>*

to the Description field (which by default supports wiki markup), the FOB Number would be shown in bold.

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2018

I think you are saying that the "test groovy template" button does not render the wiki markup. I am trying to put this content into description.

I expected it to render in the test, but maybe i just need to publish it and then test again.

Thats kind of shitty for previewing formatting, having to republish the workflow for any little change.

i just tested and you are correct. the output does not render in the test window but DOES render in the description field.

0 votes
Abhilash Gunturu December 9, 2022

Thanks @David Fischer worked for me

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events