It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Giving more visibility of fields to Customer Support (Priority, Status,Assignee)

Hi. Thanks a lot for giving us an option to ask question.

I want to give/access to some fields in which customer can see Priority, status and assignee from the previous ticket they have created (exactly the way we can see it)

your prompt response will be highly regarded.

Cheers

Fawad

2 answers

I see, I guess you found an answer.

unfortunately, It's not an answer. related query for further understanding of reader.

Alana Fernando Community Leader Jun 28, 2018

@Fawad Shaikh,

this is more of a suggestion than a answer. 

feature will be reviewed and considered for implementation (or rejected) by Atlassian product management according to Atlassian Implementation of New Features Policy.

for a quick solution,

Either find a addon from Atlassian market place

Or

Find a solution partner

0 votes

Hello,

Could you provide more details?

Who are Customers? Do you mean customers from Jira Service Desk? What is the way how you can see a ticket?

In Service Desk Customer Portal, the Requests page only shows a few columns by default.

Our customers want to see more information than just the out of the box columns.

Assignee,

Priority,

Status,

etc

Fawad,

Some fields can't be shown to customers. Please see the following. There's documentation for this info in atlassian, however, i can't find the link.

These fields can be added to the request type and given a preset value, but you cannot make them visible on the customer portal:

• Linked issues
  • Any fields that are defined by other JIRA applications
  • Group, project, and version picker custom fields
  • Assignee

These types of fields can't be added to a request type and “add field” option isn’t available: 
  • Log work
  • Reporter
  • Security level
  • Time tracking
  • Issue type

Victor

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Desk

Tell us how you've implemented Change Management

Hello Community 👋, I'm a product manager at Atlassian, looking at improving change management capabilities across our products. In particular, we're looking at bridging the gap between Dev & ...

336 views 0 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you