Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving more visibility of fields to Customer Support (Priority, Status,Assignee)

Fawad Shaikh June 28, 2018

Hi. Thanks a lot for giving us an option to ask question.

I want to give/access to some fields in which customer can see Priority, status and assignee from the previous ticket they have created (exactly the way we can see it)

your prompt response will be highly regarded.

Cheers

Fawad

2 answers

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

I see, I guess you found an answer.

unfortunately, It's not an answer. related query for further understanding of reader.

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2018

@Fawad Shaikh,

this is more of a suggestion than a answer. 

feature will be reviewed and considered for implementation (or rejected) by Atlassian product management according to Atlassian Implementation of New Features Policy.

for a quick solution,

Either find a addon from Atlassian market place

Or

Find a solution partner

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2018

Hello,

Could you provide more details?

Who are Customers? Do you mean customers from Jira Service Desk? What is the way how you can see a ticket?

In Service Desk Customer Portal, the Requests page only shows a few columns by default.

Our customers want to see more information than just the out of the box columns.

Assignee,

Priority,

Status,

etc

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2018

Fawad,

Some fields can't be shown to customers. Please see the following. There's documentation for this info in atlassian, however, i can't find the link.

These fields can be added to the request type and given a preset value, but you cannot make them visible on the customer portal:

• Linked issues
  • Any fields that are defined by other JIRA applications
  • Group, project, and version picker custom fields
  • Assignee

These types of fields can't be added to a request type and “add field” option isn’t available: 
  • Log work
  • Reporter
  • Security level
  • Time tracking
  • Issue type

Victor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events