Getting error when creating issues in Jira Service Desk

David Schlesinger July 20, 2017

Hi,

I just changed Jira Server to run on a domain instead of localhost.  Now, it is giving the following error when I try to create an issue.

Exception occurred: com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.json.JsonMarshallingException: org.codehaus.jackson.map.JsonMappingException: Caught SQLException for select ACTION.id, ACTION.issueid, ACTION.author, ACTION.actiontype, ACTION.actionlevel, ACTION.rolelevel, ACTION.actionbody, ACTION.created, ACTION.updateauthor, ACTION.updated, ACTION.actionnum from jiraschema.jiraaction ACTION where ACTION.issueid = ? and ACTION.actiontype = ? order by ACTION.created asc, ACTION.id asc offset ? rows fetch next ? rows only (through reference chain: com.atlassian.jira.quickedit.rest.api.field.QuickEditFields["createdIssueDetails"]->com.atlassian.jira.rest.v2.issue.IssueBean["fields"]->java.util.HashMap["comment"])

It could be trying to call the REST api on localhost instead of the domain.  The domain is http://helpdesk.itservicegroup.net:8080

How do I fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2017

Changing the address, hostname, or IP should not have any relation to this kind of error.   Your log snippet shows that you are getting a SQL exception when JIRA is trying to do a select statement.   Yes there is an API call here, but the problem appears to be as to why JIRA cannot make this SQL select statement back to the database for some reason.

I have only seen this particular kind of SQL exception in JIRA environments that are still using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or earlier with a JIRA 7.2.x or higher.   Please note that the MS SQL 2008 version is not supported in JIRA 7.2.x and higher.

The Supported platforms - Atlassian Documentation also explains this.  If you are using that database type/version I would recommend migrating your JIRA database to a supported platform.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events