Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Emails into Jira Service Desk Tickets

Andy Bayford April 11, 2019

Good morning,  I can only assume that there are quite a few people in the same boat as me!

We use Jira Service Desk for our clients to be able to raise tickets.  These ticket are commonly raised by email.  

We have a number of email address.  so a simple example would be team1@company.com . team2@company.com .  and these teams will be for different products that we support.

We use GSuite as our email platform, having recently moved from exchange.   We also use Tempo and have teams set up.

What I want to be able to do is when a client emails an address (team1@company.com) this creates a ticket, AND is assigned a Tempo Team (Tempo Team 1).  If a different client emails a different email address, it is assigned to a different tempo team.  The tickets are all part of the same project, just assigned to different Tempo Teams.  

I will tell you how we are doing it at the moment, but there has to be an easier way!  emails are still delivered to Exchange server, Exchange rules process the email appending the subject.  This is then forwarded to a central Email address.  Then using a yaml script, the email gets assigned to a tempo team.  It is a bit flakey!  

As mentioned, we now use GSuite, and want to route the email through there as opposed to our legacy Exchange routes.

Thanks for any advice.  

Andy

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events