Getting Anonymous Helpdesk Requests

Admin July 18, 2017

Hi, I'd like to use Jira Helpdesk to receive software helpdesk request from my clients outside my company... They are many and don't have a Jira account.  

I tried to configure, using your web site's article, but it doesn't work.

Could you send me a step-by-step procedure to configure this option.

Thanks

2 answers

2 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

This is a community forum. I don't think anyone here has any step-by-step guides to help you.

If you could instead let us know what the problem following the documentation was, we might be able to help you out.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2017

Michel,

welcome to the community. When using JIRA Service Desk (JSD) your customers don't need an account to initiate a request. This can be done as long as you have it setup to allow anyone to open a ticket and have configure the email channel. With that said, ultimately a customer account will be setup for the user behind the scenes and the customer will get notified to login and complete their account (create a password). Now that aside...

I'm guessing you are using Cloud and not server. When you say you have followed the article was this where you started?

As @Steven F Behnke indicated, if you can provide the specific error you are running into we can target our response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events