Forwarding issues to third party

Paul Stephens October 30, 2017

One of our teams regularly forwards issues to third parties who we don't want to have an account on our Jira SD instance. 

Currently, they will view the issue, export to Word, attach via Outlook, locate email address (often back in Jira) and send this way. 

Our Third Parties are handled in Jira via a serepate business project and are linked to the original issue so it feels like we're pretty close but.. 

Is anyone aware of a more effective way of handling this process?

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

Paul,

You can use the "Create linked issue" feature at the issue screen, this will let you choose the destination project and also automatically fills all common fields and link the two issues.

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 07.53.48.png

Thanks Gaston.

Linking isn't the issue. We have the issue linked to a third party. It's getting the issue information to the third party that we're having the issue with. 

Thanks

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2017

Ok, when you use this feature all common fields are copied.

If you need to keep sync between the two there are a lot of solutions:

• use automation rules
  • use jira automation plugin
  • a script to do the replication

When I say third party, I mean an actual third party i.e. a contractor contracted to carry out the work. who wishes to receive details of the issue via email. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events