Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward mails to Service Desk from Office365

Simon Carlstedt July 16, 2018

Hi.
My company uses Jira Service Desk Cloud and Office365.
Until this point we have had our users email IT-service@domain.com for support. This address has been set in Office365 to forward all mail to itservice@domain.atlassian.net and this has worked fine for us.

We now have another service desk project (itservice2) in Jira and I need certain mail to go to this new project and the rest go to our old project. I therefor set up our office365 mailbox that all mail from @specificdomain.com should be forwarded to itservice2@domain.atlassian.net and all other mail should be forwarded to itservice@domain.atlassian.net
However the Jira mail processor keeps denying these emails as AutoReplyMailFilter and I can not get this to work. It is important that our users keep emailing our normal address (IT-servce@domain.com)

Has anyone had this  issue before and if yes - how did you solve it?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately this is a known issue with Service Desk Cloud currently. The AutoReplyMailFilter check is hardcoded - when O365 forwards a message it sets this flag in the header and Service Desk drops the emails. The idea is to not flood you with out-of-office replies, but obviously this approach doesn't work for every case.

Some customers have worked around this by using the REST API to create issues instead. If you've got scripting skills, you could try writing a small service to pick up the emails from O365 and create issues with the API. You could also try a cloud API service - for example Zapier has a template for submitting emails to Jira via REST API.

Hopefully a workaround gets what you need, but fixing this in the application would be most helpful! I'd recommend watching and voting on the feature request to configure AutoReplyMailFilter behavior in Service Desk.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events