Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward Ticket to Development Team

clarise February 9, 2018

Good Day, 

So I am very very new to Jira Support Desk and not sure how to go about everything. So I really appriciate all the help that was offered to me so far. 

Issue: 

Management does not want to pay for the development team to have access to the service desk. They want a solution where the support ticket can be forwarded to the dev team and they can provide a answer, which I then should ccommunicate to the customer. 

Is there anyway where I can direct a ticket to my dev team without having to add them as a user? 

Also, if this is possible, how do I implement this?

Regards, 

1 answer

1 vote
Krisztian Kovacs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

Hi there,

ideally you'd create a ticket in their project and link it it yours - if they need to transition it through a workflow.

You'll see the linked ticket's status on your own issue.

Also jira users will be able to comment on your ticket.

This all can be automated if you use something like scriptrunner for jira, if needed.

Let me know if this makes sense. I'm happy to answer if you have more questions.

Cheers,
Krisz

James Littlefair February 9, 2018

+1

In addition to this, add a status in your Service Desk workflow such as "In development" that the Service Desk issue sits in until the development issue is resolved.

This allows customers to see through the portal that the ticket is with the development team, and also allows Service Desk agents to easily filter out tickets in development that they do not need to work on.

Scriptrunner is great for automating this with its post function "Clone and create link". You can specify the destination project for the cloned issue to be your development project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events