Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden (403) - Viewing Attachments

Andi Taylor August 9, 2017

When trying to view attachments to a service desk cases that they have raised, my customers are complaining they receive a forbidden (403) error. These are either .pdf or .docx files.

Using a test customer account I receive the error 'Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page'

I have tried to replicate using my account which is a service desk user and I can view all attachments without a problem.

It must be a permissions issue but i'm struggling to track it down, can anyone offer some assistance?

Thanks

Andi

10 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2019

Hello Everyone,

I just would like to add that the bug JSDSERVER-6304 has being fixed, so this issue should not be happening after Jira Service Desk server 4.1.0, although we are still working to fix a similar error on JIRA Cloud (See JSDCLOUD-8176 and JSDCLOUD-6084 for possible workarounds).

If you are still facing this problem on Jira Server after upgrading:

1 - Check if the issues are correctly added with a valid request type, as described in the article below: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/403-forbidden-error-when-viewing-attachments-via-portal-915479809.html

2 -  Logged as a project administrator, navigate to the project "Bugs" > Project Settings > Permissions > check if the "Service Desk Customer - Portal Access" role is added with the permission "Create attachments"

3 - Logged as a site-admin, navigate to Jira Settings > System > Attachments > check if the attachment they are trying to add is not larger than the size allowed for your site.

Best regards.

0 votes
Diego López April 10, 2020

I have this issue, for some reason I get a Forbidden on console. This is fixed only when I reload the page.

0 votes
Mikhail Ershov April 19, 2019

This is known shameful bug in JSD, but they are working on it

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-6304

Mike

0 votes
Christian Franke April 16, 2019

same here..

0 votes
Mikhail Ershov March 12, 2019

The same problem

0 votes
Paul Fechner February 27, 2019

Hi I am having the same issue.  It appears to relate only to a specific issue though.

0 votes
Dmitry Mironov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

Have the same issue, anyone solved it?

Benjamin Peikes December 14, 2018

Yeah, switch to another product. :) The issue is that if the user isn't logged into your Service Desk, they just get a 403 error.  Of course, Atlassian solve this issue by having access to files cause a redirect to a login page, but they don't seem to want to fix anything in the product anymore. They are too busy adding Next Gen features.

Like Hernan Montes likes this
Dmitry Mironov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2018

We have situation that even SD team and SD admin cannot access attachments via portal.

0 votes
Tom Tipolt September 7, 2018

We are forcing the same issue, so if we attach a file to Jira Servicedesk and link it within a published comment the customer receives the same message when he tries to open it out of the mail message. Has anyone an Idea of what is causing this? 

0 votes
Benjamin Peikes August 30, 2018

We've just have a customer report the same thing.

0 votes
Andi Taylor August 16, 2017

Has anyone else experienced this? It's casuing me some big problems for my customers.

Thanks

Andi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events