Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For incoming email to JIRA Service Desk, will automatically generated emails pose a problem?

Elyse De Laittre January 4, 2018

I can't seem to find many articles on this, but I am wondering whether I should anticipate having an issue with automated incoming emails.

Our customers use a research survey building/tracking program (REDCap), and to make changes in their programs, they have to request help in REDCap, which auto-generates an email request to us through Outlook. Once we turn on service desk email in JIRA, those emails would come through as issues and we would hope to proceed as before. Should I be concerned these automatically generated emails will be flagged as spam or not made into issues, and what can I do about that? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

Hello,

When you setup a email handler or a email channel you provide a email address (email box) where Jira will find emails. If a email was delivered to the email box then Jira will create an issue or a request out of it. There will be no problems with it. You do not have to worry about spam either as long as the email was delivered to the email box, which you provided.

Elyse De Laittre January 4, 2018

Great, thank you Alexey for the quick answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events