cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find out if attachment was added during the comment process

Christian Pascher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2017

Hi,

I have script listeners (Scriptrunner) that syncs comments/attachments from a business project to a service desk project.

Currently working:

• Listener syncs if an attachment gets added to the business ticket. (creates customer portal comment)
  • Listener syncs if an comment gets added to the business ticket. (creates customer portal comment)

Because JIRA adds attachments immediately to issues, it creates more than one comment in the customer portal if attachments are added during the creation of an comment.

e.g.:

I want to create a comment with 2 images:

1. open comment window
  2. drag the 2 images in
  3. write more text
  4. send comment

This creates 3 comments (2 for the attachments and one for the comment itself).

The problem is, that we don't want to turn of the listener, that just creates customer portal comments for added attachments because it could be the case that no extra comment is added.

My question is now if it is possible to find out, if an attachment was dragged on the ticket during an opened comment "window" and than to not create a comment to just make the attachment visible to the customer because it will be made visible in the future by the newly created & synced comment.

Cheers,
Christian

1 answer

0 votes
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

Unfortunately this is not possible in JIRA as far as I can see. As you said the add attachment and issue commented events are independent and happen at different times.  

There doesn't seem to be an event to handle this in JIRA.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events