Fields in Search Issues results not included in Export

Sue Marmion December 5, 2017

The following fields are not appear on the extract (CSV) but are on the search issues summary screen results.  These fields are critical to my analysis, why are they not coming through on the CSV and what happened to the HTML export???

- Request Type (Service Desk Field)

- Organizations (service Desk field)

Additionally, all custom fields are coming through to the CSV as 'custom field'  Why would you not include the name of the field?  It creates extra work for me to go in an re-map all the fields that are all properly setup in the system.  In this case, both Request Type and Organizations are in fact NOT custom fields, but rather they are standard service desk fields

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

@Sue Marmion, I am on cloud as well. You mention "none of the JSD fields will export" but I don't think that is really true or what you mean. Regarding the two specified fields: request types and organizations, they are exported but as you point out the data is less than ideal at best and unusable in reality. 

Organizations - is shown as Custom field (Organizations) and the value appears to be a reference ID, e.g. 1, 2, 3. Likely a simple value associated with the order of creation but not sure as I only have one org. :-)

Request Type - is shown as Custom field (Customer Request Type) and the data there is unusable, e.g. project_key/fdf01355-ef72-4103-8f90-e46df1b76d54. So good luck w/ the decoder ring on that. :-(

you might have a look at the Exporter addon for cloud. No experience with this so can't say if it will help.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

Based on this ticket, I think it's an open feature request

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-826

The exported CSV has columns which follows the format

"custom field (< your field name here>)" format

So the name of the custom field is included in the bracket.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2017

Also while exporting CSV are you selecting "All fields" option?

yes I have tried that, none of the JIRA Service Desk fields will export...????  This makes that tool COMPLETELY USELESS!

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2017

You can export the fields using an plugin - Better excel plugin

Integration features

• You can export Excel reports directly from the Queue view (with all tickets in the queue). (supported since Better Excel Plugin 2.2.0)
  • You can export the JIRA Service Desk-specific custom field types, like SLA, Request Participants, Customer Request Type, etc., to Excel.
  • Better Excel Plugin also offers a reporting template that includes several pivot table and pivot chart worksheets to report SLA by projects, assignees, request types and request participants.

http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/documentation/integrations#jira-service-desk

unfortunately we are on cloud, that plug in is only available for server.....arrrggghhh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events