Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Field does not translate to Jira Service Desk Edited

Hello! 

I have Jira SD 4.5.0 staret pack. In next year we plan to buy more licenses, but this problem prevents us from doing this.

Field sd.request.participants.field.name: not translated into Russian. What can be done to fix this? 1.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Dec 03, 2019

Hi,

Very sorry to hear about this problem.  I think you are seeing at least one known bug here, but you also might be affected by a second as well. To help us better understand your environment, could you please let me know the following:

1. Did this particular field previous translate correctly?
  2. Did you upgrade Jira from a previous version, such as one between and including 8.2.0 and 8.3.0 (for Service Desk these would be 4.2.0 -> 4.3.0)? 

I ask these questions because first off, there was a translation bug that affected those versions of Jira server, see JSDSERVER-6396 and JRASERVER-69388

While the source of the bug has been fixed in versions 8.3.1 and higher, which you must be using since you have JSD 4.5.0 right now, it is still possible that some plugins such as service desk still have the lingering remains of this bug because the plugin's custom fields, like sd.request.participants.field.name.  Fortunately, we have a helpful KB to address this in Custom field names shows message keys instead of values - JRASERVER-69388.

While that KB has detailed steps you can take to make REST calls to attempt to correct this, I want to first make sure that this field was translating as you would expect before trying these steps.  If it was translated correctly in the past, then please proceed.  If it was not, then those steps probably won't help here. 

If the field was not translating as expected in the past, then there is another potential reason the field might only ever be called 'requested participants' instead of the translated version.  That reason can be explained by a related bug in JSDSERVER-2326.

Installing Service Desk will create several custom fields (ie. Customer Request Type, Request participants, etc. When the default language is English, these custom fields will be created in English (name and description). When the default language is another language, these fields will be created in the said language. For example, French would be Participants à la requête and Type de requête client.

I don't think that you are seeing this other problem in your case, because I can see that your status names, SLA, and other Service Desk specific fields appear to be in Russian as well, and these are only generated in this way when Jira system language was set to Russian at the time Service Desk was first installed.  But I wanted to explain this part in more detail in case other users search this topic and come across this same problem.  Perhaps this part will help them.

Please try the steps in that KB, and let me know if you run into any problems with this.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Desk

The Complete Guide to Atlassian for ITSM

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Atlassian team. My colleague Paul Buffington @Buff and I are excited to share a brand new ITSM resource we’ve created – "The Complete Guide to At...

2,211 views 14 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you