Failed to setup support email address in JIRA Service Desk

super man May 7, 2017

Hi,

I just activated the trial version  of JIRA Service Desk in my JIRA cloud site. Unfortunately when I setup my email for JIRA Service Desk, I encountered this error message:

Unfortunately JIRA couldn't connect to the mail server. Here is what the mail server said: "Lookup failed u5mb40668364ioe" Check out our troubleshooting docs for help resolving the issue.

I'm using an email address setup in my G Suite (Google Admin), and it's a group email, not user email.

Am I doing something wrong or did I missed up any important steps?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Kong

1 answer

1 vote
Kathy Barton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2017

We are trying to do the same thing now and were able to get mail working initially by switching from using Gmail option to the Imap option when setting up the custom email. The problem we're having now is google is rejecting the "login" form JIRA becacuse it is a "less secure app".  We're trying to figure out how to get this to work without compromising the security of our entire g-suite. 

Alessandro Tondo January 8, 2019

I cannot perform this trick, do you have come up with another workaround?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events