Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extrapolate the company from the user's email address

Tommy Bui July 4, 2016

Dear Atlassian Team,

l'm referring to your article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-implement-slas-by-company-organization-or-client-777027032.html

I created a custom field 'Customer' as Calculated Text Field. This field should return the company name based on the Service Desk customer registered e-mail address.

May I kindly ask you what formula will best fit this requirement? Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,

Tommy.

3 answers

0 votes
Tommy Bui July 6, 2016

Thanks for the prompt answer.

I could add the Domain reporter under Custom field 'Cust'

now I'm trying to 'trim' the text string in a Calculated Text field 'Customer' (JIRA Misc Custom field), using the following formula

<!-- @@Formula: issue.get("cust")+replaceAll("\\s+","%20","","@",".") -->

But the field does not populate in the Issue Navigator Form. May I kindly ask for advise on the used formula?

Besides, It seems that these special fields cannot be populated in JIRA Service Desk Request form. Is it correct?

Thanks a lot

0 votes
Tommy Bui July 5, 2016

Dear Andrea, Thanks for the tip, I will try this right away! Have a great day, greeting from Belgium

0 votes
Andrea Carl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2016

Use the JIRA Toolkit Add-on that provides a custom field of type "domain of reporter"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events