Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Users Seeing Jira Service Desk

Mel Brooker April 23, 2019

Hi

I have set up External Users to see their own projects in Jira Software. The problem i am encountering is that when they log into Jira they are seeing all of the Service Desks that we have set up.

The Users who are set up in the External Users group only have access to Jira Software, nothing else is selected.

Has anyone else had this before and found a way to remove it as we do not want external people seeing other companies Service Desks. 

Thanks

Mel 

3 answers

1 vote
Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2019

@Mel Brooker 

Check browse project permission in service desk project permission schema. If external users have browse project permissions for other service desk projects, you have to remove it.

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2019

@Mel Brooker 

yeah according to your permission schema any logged in user can see service desk project, that's why this issue is occured. I think you should remove any logged in user access.

I have removed the Any logged in user permission role yet its still visible. 

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2019

@Mel Brooker 

Ensure that user is not part of any roles that have browse project permission :

i.e Project Role (Admin), Project Role (Atlassian-addons-project access), Project Role (Service Desk), Service Desk Customer.

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2019

If the user is part of any of these roles or Jira service desk customer group, he/she can see the particular project

Hi, All sorted! Thank you for all your help with this. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2019

Likely yes. You can test it easy enough by removing that.

I have removed the Any logged in user permission role yet its still visible. 

0 votes

I have gone into one of the Service Desk Schemes for a project, under Browse Projects there is the Project Role (Admin), Project Role (Atlassian-addons-project access), Project Role (Service Desk), Service Desk Customer and the one called Application Access (Any logged in User) I take it will be the last permission that needs revoking?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events