Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to excel

Laure BERGER November 3, 2017

Hello 

we are news JIRA users and we are trying to export our filters to excel. We have used the 2 options :

- Exporter au format Excel CSV (tous champs) 

- Exporter au format Excel CSV (champs actuels)

and the result in excel is not good : data are not dispatched by columns we need to make a conversion.

Is there another possibility to export to excel correctly or do we need a plug in "better Excel Plug in" for JIRA ?

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2017

Hi Laure,

Could you help clarify why the CSV export looks incorrect?  I am not sure I understand why this data does not look correct when you open this CSV file in a program like Excel?

If that doesn't help, there are a few other Jira Cloud plugins that can still provide issue exports in the XLS format directly.  I would recommend checking out:

Xporter by Xpand Add-ons

and/or

Exporter by DEISER

I believe either of these two Cloud plugins can still create XLS files natively in Jira Cloud.

Regards,
Andy

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

Hi Laure,

there's a workaround for that. The Excel Export is deprecated and will be completely gone in a future version, but you can still enable it.

The procedure is described here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-export-JIRA-issues-to-Excel/qaq-p/584002

Ok thanks a lot

But we use a cloud version ...

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

Ah, you didn't mention that.

Then, unfortunately, I think, there's no solution for you to get back the excel export functionality, sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events