Export to Excel/CSV in Service Desk

Floris Olsthoorn January 22, 2018

I've seen topics explaining how to export a list of issues to excel, for example here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/exporting-search-results-to-microsoft-excel-720416693.html.

However, in JIRA Service Desk I don't see the option to export to Excel/CSV/HTML. Is this some option that I can enable somewhere?

4 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

It is a Jira Core functionality. You need to open the Issue Navigator to see the export button. Go to Issues -> Search Issues

Floris Olsthoorn January 22, 2018

Somehow looked over the function. Thanks!

Like Edgar Grajeda Cárdenas likes this
Carl Witthoft October 2, 2018

I do not see any such button.  

Kimberly Moreira November 5, 2018

I am facing issues, I used to download the reports every months without problem but today I've tried to download the monthly report and all the information is in only 1 column...any suggestion?

Marijana A. Mitic November 21, 2018

Hi, I faced the same issue, any help?

Deleted user December 13, 2018

Same issue here. Very frustrating 

Karolina Świrydowicz May 23, 2019

Hello,

Did you find the resolution of this issue?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2020

Hello everybody,

In case anyone one step in this issue again, please allow me to bring some clarification about the export functionality:

Once you click the Export button at the issue navigator, the drop-down presents you with two Excel export options: Export Excel (All fields) and Export Excel (Current fields):

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 17.14.51.png

If you choose "Export Excel (All fields)", the issues returned in your search will be exported together with all the fields available on their screens, including the empty ones.

Now, if you choose "Export Excel (Current fields)", only the fields selected as columns in the List view of your issue navigator will be exported, so you can customize which fields/columns you want to export.

Hope this information helps!

Like # people like this
Guss Moro May 25, 2021

As you saying with all filed it export everything and its too many most of them are empty fields, My question is how can you customise to export the "comment" field, when i hit export there is no option to customise it's only exported with all filed option 

Andrea Paolo Ferraresi September 2, 2021

Go to Issues -> Search, and run a search for the issues you want.  Then use the tools menu near the top to get to "export".  

Alexandra (Ali) March 28, 2022

I do not see the option to Go to Issues -> Search in Jira Service Desk. I only have the option to search by Queues and/or create a report which does not give me the information I need.

shrinivasmanchali December 18, 2022

I don't have admin access to Jira, I have very simple account to raise ticket, get update on tickets. Here I can't download all tickets, can you please suggest any best solution to this? See below screen, after logging to JSM I see this kind of screen where there is no option to export.

JSM.JPG

Like Chris Heijdens likes this
Stephen Chisholm February 16, 2023

My customers are asking for the ability to export their requests from the help center portal ... Just as shrinivasmanchali has shown.

Is there any easy way to allow them to do that?

• I have not found an option to "enable request export" but that would be handy.
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2023

Hi @Stephen Chisholm ,

This option is not available natively in Jira Service Management. You have to use the app. On the marketplace, you can find for example: Advanced Portal Reports for Jira Service Management

Kate

Chief Product Officer & Co-founder @Appsvio | Atlassian Community Leader

Like Elitsa Velikova likes this
Monika_Ciemiecka_Deviniti_Hexygen
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2023

Hi @Stephen Chisholm & @shrinivasmanchali 👋

There is an export option (to .csv file) in our app My Requests Extension for JSM, maybe it'll be helpful for you.

Cheers,

Monika

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2019

Better Excel Exporter is a Jira that does what its name suggests and it integrates with most of the popular apps, including its integration with Service Desk.

Alok Bhargava July 28, 2019

Does it work with Atlassian Cloud?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2019

Not yet, unfortunately.

Please follow this topic to get the updates on its availability: https://midori.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/229992968-Better-Excel-Exporter-for-Jira-Cloud

Aron Gombas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

Oh, an update: Better Excel Exporter works with Jira Cloud!

We released the app for the cloud in 2021 Nov, and many has been actively using it since then.

(Disclaimer: It is a paid and supported app, developed by our team.)

20211108-better-excel-exporter-jira-cloud-export-options.png

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 30, 2019

Hi,

To manage requests in Jira Service Desk, I recommend you to try our app My Requests Extension for Jira Service Desk. It also allows you to export results to .csv file. In case of any questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Cheers,

Kate

0 votes
Deleted user June 5, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events